PostgreSQL databases have an enviable reputation worldwide for reliability, data integrity and cost effectiveness. However, as your business grows over time, so do the demands on your database. A Fujitsu Health Check will ensure your PostgreSQL system is delivering optimum performance at all times.
- Have you ever wondered if the initial configuration of your PostgreSQL continues to meet the rapidly evolving needs of your business?
- Is your system running at the best speed now you have more users and it holds much more data?
- And most importantly, are you at risk of costly outages because your system has inadvertently become susceptible to potential security breaches?
A Fujitsu Health Check is the sure-fire way to ensure your PostgreSQL database is running at optimum efficiency for your business moving forward. Enjoy the confidence that comes with knowing your PostgreSQL system is as secure, reliable and hardworking as when you first installed it.
PostgreSQL Health Check Details
Every system is different. That's why we tailor the Health Check to your specific configuration and requirements.
A PostgreSQL Health Check includes:
- System diagnostics, identifying potential issues such as memory overflows, CPU and I/O bottlenecks, and network traffic and connection issues.
- Evaluation of the operating system configuration. This includes I/O scheduling, memory and buffer/cache, security and network tuning.
- Analysis of the PostgreSQL setup. This includes postgresql.conf evaluation and tuning, feasibility evaluation for upgrading to the latest version of PostgreSQL, audit of PostgreSQL memory use and suitability of the existing hardware configuration.
- Storage infrastructure recommendations. This determines whether storage configuration upgrades (such as using a different RAID level or purchasing SAN hardware) would enhance performance and provide a benefit for the client.
PostgreSQL Health Check Outcomes
We reveal areas of weakness and provide an action plan and best practice guidelines to ensure that your system is optimally configured and tuned, and is able to scale to meet future business needs. And of course, we can help you implement the recommendations laid out in the PostgreSQL Health Check.
Contact us if you have any questions.